Ushahidi & Sahana vs. 海地地震
We’ve launched Haiti.Ushahidi.com
the Haiti deployment of Ushahidi for the post-earthquake emergency response
The past 20 hours have been sad, exhausting and inspiring. Sad for obvious reasons. Exhausting because many of us have been working straight through with no sleep. But inspiring because of the incredible community of Crisis Mappers.
Here’s what been happening in the community:
- Ushahidi launched a Haiti deployment
- Mikel Maron at OpenStreetMap launched this Wiki
- Andrew Turner at GeoCommons is updating CrisisCommons
- Our friends at Sahana have set up a Development Team
- Sahana has also set up a Wiki here
- Our InSTEDD friends set up a GeoChat instance
- Our friends at MapAction have deployed a team
- Einar Bjorgo at UNOSAT is keeping us posted on imagery
We have a Haiti 2010 Sahana Disaster Response Portal - a live and active website up at http://haiti.sahanafoundation.org which contains a feeds from many of the relief agencies and links to Sahana modules that are actively being used to help coordinate the relief effort.
We have a Sahana Haiti wiki page where we are tracking all of our and others' activites at: http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php/haiti:start
We have a requirements page where we record all the modification, configurations, and changes to Sahana based on the mission requirements at: http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php/haiti:requirements